Run 2 Plant 4 GREENIN Philippines
Run 2 Plant 4 GREENIN Philippines combines a fun run and tree planting activity in one. It is set to happen on June 25, 2011, starting at 5:00 a.m.
· No registration fee.
· Registered participants in the event will have to indicate their commitment to serve as volunteers later on in the maintenance and care of the planted. The participants in the fun run should likewise take part in the planting of native tree seedlings in the designated five-hectare planting site in Barangay Jaclupan, which is to happen after the run.
Interested parties may get their registration forms and register at the RAFI main office at 35 Lopez Jaena Street, Cebu City, or in designated areas and partner institutions. They can also download PDF registration forms or register on-line at http://www.rafi.org.ph.
Authorized partners are: Talisay City Hall, Aboitiz Equity Ventures (AEV), University of San Jose Recoletos (USJR), University of the Visayas (UV)-Main in Colon, St. Theresa’s College, St. Scholastica Academy of Talisay, AboitizLand Office (Banilad), Shangri-La’s Mactan Island Resort & Spa, Metro Cebu Water District Office (MCWD), Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) VII Office (Banilad), Department of Education VII Office (Sudlon, Lahug) and the local government units (LGUs) of the 50 towns and cities of the Province.
There will be three legs for the run, commencing at 5 am.
· The 1st leg (approximately 8 kms.; flat and uphill run towards Sitio Iba, Barangay Candulawan) will assemble at the Talisay City Hall. The converging site or starting line will be marked with signages and roadside flags colored green. Green colored flags will mark the route of the 1st leg of the run.
The 2nd leg (approximately 5 kms.; flat and uphill run towards Sitio Iba, Barangay Candulawan) will assemble at the Vista Grande entrance. Blue-colored flags will mark the route of the 2nd leg of the run.
The 3rd leg (approximately 1 km.; uphill run towards Sitio Iba, Barangay Candulawan) will assemble at the Sta. Lucia-Vista Grande-Pacific Heights Junction. Red-colored flags will mark the route of the 3rd leg of the run.
· Groups of 4-5 runners for each of the three legs will be organized to lead runners.
· The finish line for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd legs of the run, which will be at the Sta. Lucia open space (Sitio Iba, Barangay Candulawan), will also be marked accordingly.
· Participants are encouraged to wear green running attire during the activity. Also, participants will have to bring their own consumables and items, such as sunblock and energy drinks. There will be water stations in the run routes.
· There will be a short program at the finish line to orient all participants on how the planting procedures would go.
· Running participants, color-coded in Green, Blue and Red, will proceed to their respective color coded planting sites.
· The run segment will be followed by the plant segment, which will happen in a 5-hectare forestland in Barangay Jaclupan, some 800 meters away from Sitio Iba.
Online Registration : http://rafi.org.ph/RAFI/index.php?p=1931
PDF VERSION OF THE RUN2PLANT REGISTRATION FORM : http://www.rafi.org.ph/cms/mod/mediacast/uploads/RUN2PLANT2011.pdf
Web Source : http://rafi.org.ph/RAFI/index.php?p=1591